Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Finish This #27








For July 4, I celebrated by …
By doing absolutely nothing. I got food poisoning on Wed night and we still trying to feel awesome by the fourth so we just vegged. Our small town actually did fireworks and everything the weekend before the 4th.

My go-to cosmetic product is …

Is all about eye concealer in Petal by Clinique. Seriously makes me look like less of a zombie mommy. Hides all that lack of sleep under it's awesome concealer!

I am inspired by …

Every day I am inspired by my kids to be a better mom and a better version of myself. Lately my shortman has been inspiring me to take life just a little less serious. He is my carefree, goofy child. Also if you have never read Brittany Estes blog. She is one inspiring mama. They are in the process of adopting and it's so inspiring to see how she feels about it and how she just can't wait for this little one to join their family. I am so inspired by all the love she shares with the world. Such a great example.

The best relationship advice I received was …
Never go to bed mad. Seriously people your never going to fall asleep if you mad at your other half. Your just going to lay there and be angry so you might as well forgive each other or finish fighting. :)

When no one is around, I tend to …
Read a good book or watch something I want to watch cause lets face it most of the time I'm stuck watching little kid shows or reading little kid books to cute little kids. I also might dance around because there is no almost 10 year old there to tell me I'm embarrassing him. I also might dance in front of him on purpose on occasion because it does embarrass him. Yep I'm that kind of mom.


Hope you are enjoying the Finish This series. I love this linky party and I think y'all would love it to. Be sure to stop by one of the cohost blogs to find out what next weeks questions are and come link up your post for this week. Have a wonderful Wed y'all!


post signature





7 comments:

Brenda D Priddy said...

That's too bad you were unable to enjoy the 4th properly! At least there is always next year!

Skye @ Planet Jinxatron said...

I absolutely understand that for some people, going to bed mad doesn't work! I must be strange though because usually when I'm that mad, it's because I'm worn out and have lost perspective. If I'm allowed to get a good night's sleep I'm much better able to work out whatever the issue was, or just let it go because it's not actually a big deal.

Aimee Fauci said...

Again.. great relationship advice! When my husband are going to bed after bickering with one another I always say ' Well, if I die tonight, just know that you will tell people that your last words to me were F off.'.. That normally breaks the ice and we stop and say the I love yous.

Nicole M. Hutchison said...

I sing and dance all the time, when no one is watching of course! Well, Kamden doesn't pay much attention to me anyway. HA!!!!!!

Kristen Van Ness said...

Aimee, as always I'm loving your comment in response to the point of going to bed mad... Also, glad I'm not the only one who gets told to "F Off..." I feel so at home :) ha ha. So much to look forward to with embarrassing children!! hope you've recovered from your food poisoning incident... Yuck!

Melissa Droegemueller said...

If it's a serious/real fight, I want to finish it before bed. If we're just tired/hungry/cranky, I'm okay with going to sleep. It doesn't take long for the spooning to start and then we wake up in a better mood.

Molly LaFon said...

your relationship advice also works for not just like spouses and what not. I refuse to got to bed angry when my Mom and I have had a fight. My heart hurts when we fight because she is my best friend, so I use that type of advice when it comes to the relationship with my mom. I will always make sure we hash things out. Never know what can happen and I always want the last thing we say to each to be I love you, and not a fight or be angry!

Post a Comment

I love your comments! But please be kind and that's all I'm going to say on the matter

 
© 2012 Insanity Rules
Designed by: 8550 Graphics